Sunday 1 March 2009

Photo competition...................

It's been a busy few days. Last weekend was spent with family in Devon. A visit to see my daughter first, then the rest of the time spent with sister-in-laws. One of them farms, and the family had been invited there for lambing. I didn't actually see a lamb being 'dropped'. One had just been born before we arrived and the twin arrived while we were in another shed, looking at the other expectant mothers.
.
Mother and lamb doing fine.
I've been working on the house quite a bit this week, finishing the repair work to the porch area. I'm now going to part roof it to keep the weather off, then hopefully that will solve the problem of dampness along that side of the building. It's not much at the moment, but it's best taken care of before it causes too many problems. I've also dug and cleared all the growing beds ready for planting in a few weeks time. Seeds have already been started, so fingers crossed for a good strike rate.
I've entered three pictures in our Photographic Club's open competition. Not that they will win anything, but it will show some of the other members what sort of photos I like to take. Mother and lamb is one and the one below is another.
.
I've called this one High and Dry.
The final one is something I saw last Autumn, just as the leaves started to fall and the grass started to brown. It's On Reflection, taken with a 'point 'n shoot', so I'm very pleased with the result.
..
I'll be interested to see how they are received. It really depends on the judge...................... and what he's had for tea. I shall be happy if they score over 12 out of 20. I'm sure the 'experts' will find a million and one things wrong with them.
.
And , how am I? Still not fully come to terms with the way that Cag died, or the part I play in the final act. Still angry at times, annoyed with her for giving up the fight, and yet knowing she had no choice in the matter. I thought I might find the answer in church. It's been a comfort, but the truth lies within me and only I can release, or give it up. That needs more time.
.
I keep wondering what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. I'm spending far more than is coming in at the moment, but there are certain things that I need, for jobs that should have been done over the years and I never had the time. I'm not too worried about this year. I'm happy to treat it as a year of adjustment, but I will need to lay down certain ground rule by Christmas. I need taking in hand.

4 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

All three photos are fantastic and award winning in my book. I like the variety of textures in High and Dry.

As to the rest, yes, a year of adjustment is indeed what you need. I hope it only takes you a year to reach a feeling of peace. I know what you mean about spending more than coming in. So much I myself put off that now must be repaired, replaced, repainted,and so on.

Take care dear one, SUH.

freebird said...

All three pictures are fabulous. The lighting on the mother and lamb is stunning - you've caught it just perfectly. That's gotta win a prize!

Yes, time is what you need, but you know that.

Spending more than is coming in on your house... join the club!

Eileen H said...

Fantastic photos.

Daughter recently entered a photo of her two dogs into an exhibition and it sold for £40. She was overjoyed and loves the idea that someone else will take pleasure from her dogs. The money goes to a charity too, so fantastic.

I hope you find inner peace, it takes time. You are grieving.

Take care.

freebird said...

How are you doing, Ian?
Did you win the photo competition? Did you get your jobs done? Made any plans? Enjoying the spring weather?
???