Tuesday 17 February 2009

After midnight..............

It's after midnight, still too early to go to bed. I've tried watching television, reading, I was going to say hot milk, but I'm not a hot milk sort of person.. There's nothing worse than fighting with a pillow, that feels like it's full of bricks, waiting for sleep to come.

Reality has hit home. It's an age thing. I've had to re-apply for a passport and it required a new photograph. There's nothing that bring home to a person how time has treated them than a passport photo. The shaving mirror never tells the truth, or perhaps you get too used to the vision of loveliness you see smiling back at you............. I jest !

Another tell tale sign was a white eyebrow. Yes, I found my first white eyebrow. They have always had a will of their own and now they are letting me down in other ways. Can you dye eyebrows?

I'm spending a few days with sister-in-law and her husband, this coming weekend, going over the plans for our Russian trip. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a suit, something I thought I would never be seen in again, but I look quite good formally dressed...................... and I can always be buried in it.................. what a thought !

My Laptop has just had a major failure. I get the feeling it's related to Service Pack III which I installed a day or two ago. I could well do without the expense of a new P.C but I just couldn't do without one now. Start, with the Fn key, has run all the tests and come up with a driver problem. Looks like an email to Dell, as M.Soft says there is not an update available to sort the problem. More waiting on others. I hate that.

5 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

After midnight and too early to sleep? I still have those nights on occasion. I'm happy they are not as often as they used to be. Maybe a hot toddy?

My Aunt used to dye her eyebrows, so it can be done...but I have a feeling you look more than fine as you are ;)

Fiona said...

Ach I hate those nights when sleep evades one - and even worse the ones where sleep comes but it's impossible to stay asleep. Itch head, lumpy pillow, too hot, too cold, ants under the skin and mind running off at 80 mph!!

Be careful dying your eyebrows, you could end up looking quite silly (along the lines of Salma Hayak in Frida). Gotta watch the whole curtains and rug thing - nothing worse than clashing Axminsters!!

I'll bet you smarten up VERY nicely indeed Ian ;)

freebird said...

Oh dear, another coincidence and not a happy one - my laptop's on the blink too.
Hope you get your proper sleep pattern back soon. I find a bit of music helps. If you can set it on a timer to stop in, say, an hour you can drift off without worrying about turning it off. If it doesn't work, at least you've listened to some nice music instead of fretting.

S'mee said...

Thanks for the advice ladies. It was 3.10 a.m before lights out. Most of that time was waiting for systems tests on the laptop, and watching a cra**y Chinese gangster movie.

I've downloaded a patch from Dell, so I hope the problem will be fixed.

What's happening in Freebird land?

Wish the warmer weather would come.

freebird said...

Well come on over and you'll find out!