Friday 5 December 2008

Step right up............

“Step right up folks. Welcome to The Roller Coaster of Life……… climb aboard……………. take your seats…………. hold on very tight. Nobody get off ‘till the end of the ride.”

……………………….. and that’s been rather like the last two weeks for me. Ups, downs, sudden tight curves………………….. and a corkscrew twist, just before the last bend.

…………………………but I’m through it, and have some how reached the other side. Yes, I’m lost at times, angry at other times, and still not sure what I should be feeling. I’m told the pain never really goes away, and I’m more than ready to believe that. I hope I am able eventually to put my feelings into a box and only open it when I have the strength to deal with them.

For now, I’m content to see out the remnants of 2008 and hopefully make something of a new start in the New Year.

Those wishes I made so many years ago in my teens. To retire at 45, have 20 good years, then go back to work at 65. Well I’m not 65 yet, but in future I shall be careful what I wish for. I may just get it !

5 comments:

Eileen H said...

I've been thinking about you and checking for you to post here. Hoping that you are well and coping.
Wishing you all the very best for your future, whatever that may hold.

Eileen x

S'mee said...

I'm getting better, and Cag's family have been a lot of help. Still a long way to go though. Thanks for your good wishes, they're appreciated.

IanS.

Seeker said...

I have been thinking of you a lot too. So glad to hear that Cag's family have been a support to you. Look after yourself.

Hugs,

Seeker.

Fiona said...

Just holds your hand.

Sunny Delight said...

Thinking about you...

I keep saying that don't I?