Friday 21 November 2008

The sad news...............

Just to let you know some very sad news about Cag.

She passed peacefully away on Thursday 20th November at about 9.45pm. She had endured a very difficult year, culminating with a massive M.S related seizure about three weeks ago. She never really recovered from this and has steadily declined since then. She was well cared for at home with the help of the MacMillan Service and the Community Nurses. She was unaware of her serious condition and slept quietly away while I was holding her.

Sorry to have to be the barer of such bad news but I thought you would want to know.

My very best wishes,

.............................. I thought this was the best way to let friends know, so I've copied the email for you all to see. I'm having a little time for myself over the next couple of days and will have to get back to the reality of life next week. Should be interesting.

7 comments:

Seeker said...

So sorry to read this Ian, though at least all her suffering has come to an end now. You have looked after her so well, she couldn't have asked for any more from you.

Do you have any family with you now? I hope there is someone there, to share your pain a little bit. I wish - and I am sure that all your friends here wish - that we could be there to help in some small way.

May God bless you and comfort you at this difficult time.

Fiona said...

Oh Ian, I'm so sorry to read this but am glad that her passing was peaceful and that you were there with her, holding her. She felt your love right up to the end.

It must seem so strange there for you right now, to be there without Cag but I hope you have friends and family around you to care for you.

Sending love and hugs and deep admiration for the love you shared with Cag.

SUH

Fi
xxxxx

Sunny Delight said...

I too am sorry to read that Cag has passed, but it sounds as if her last days were filled with peace and love.

I cannot help but think of the many years you spent together, the treasure your shared love must have been, and will continue to be.

Sending loving thoughts your way. For you, and your family.

Eileen H said...

I am so sorry to read that Cag has passed away. May I offer my sincere condolences.
I wish you all the strength to get used to the loneliness and I hope that all those lovely memories you have of her may soothe your sorrow. I hope you have family to share your grief with. Thank you for letting us know.

Eileen x

freebird said...

Dear Ian, so sad to hear, but of course not unexpected. How can we ever know the sorrow you must be feeling.
You have typically understated the care she had - "She was well cared for at home with the help of the MacMillan Service and the Community Nurses." Dear Ian, the greatest care she had, for years and years, was from you, and not just care but love and tenderness and humour. Who could ask for anything more?
Bless you.
x

Seeker said...

Ian, I have just realised that your mother died almost exactly one year before Cag, on the 23rd November 2007 I believe? That's an awful lot of trauma to take in just one year. Be gentle on yourself................

Hazel said...

I'm sorry Ian. I don't know what to say to you. No words.