Monday 20 October 2008

Ahhh....choooooooo!

I've been fighting off a cold for the best part of a week. The usual sore throat, irritating cough, not feeling too bad during the day, but really making it's presence felt in the evening and at night. Cag doesn't seem to have joined me, a good thing, but I have been careful and tried to keep it all for myself.

Today has been a flap. Contacting nurses, waiting for them to get back to me, visit from a Physio, and then a further visit from one of the Community Nurses when I'd all but given up on her calling. Cag's been having problems with the actual PEG. Because it's an open wound, it wants to heal, and sometimes does this too well. Over granulation is the term. Easy enough to deal with, now I know what it is.

Not much help from the Physio I'm afraid. We are doing just about all we can, and just to stay where we are, swimming against the tide, is some form of progress. She's going to check with our doctor, to see if an increase in medication might help to loosen the limbs to allow more exercise. It's worth a try, but I'm getting very little response from Cag, as if she just can't be bothered. I wonder whether I should?

I go to pick up a new car tomorrow, a free one.............. I jest. It's supplied as part of Cag's disability package. She is entitled to a mobility allowance and that takes care of the lease on a car. I asked what car she would like and she said 'gold', so a gold car it is and I get to choose all the technical bits. A French car, made in Spain, with a German engine, and Cornish dice hanging from the rear view mirror! European co-operation at it's best!!

4 comments:

freebird said...

...and in spite of it all, you still manage to leave me chuckling! You're a marvel. I hope the cold gets better soon.
xxx

Eileen H said...

A gold car. WOW. Oh yes, you've got to have the fluffy dice. How about your names at the top of the windscreen.
Cag + S'mee

Hope the cold gets better soon.

S'mee said...

Wednesday. Think the cold is on it's way.......... at last. Getting used to the car. It has no handbreak, just a switch!! Looking out for a windscreen sticker (good thought Superwoman) with 'hers and hers' on it. Day two and still not dented.

Sunny Delight said...

Happy to read the cold is on its way out...and you are feeling better.

Your sense of humour is wonderful!

SUH