Monday 13 October 2008

Thoughts and considerations............

I've taken advantage of the good weather over the weekend, to get out into the fresh air, do some walking and some thinking. I took the opportunity to walk around the estate, the hard way, through the fields now that the harvest is in, and was greeted by thousands of tiny, pale yellow, meadow violets. They had been hiding in the wheat. Now the sun can reach them, they, like me, were enjoying a beautiful day.
.

So, what about the thoughts and consideration, and the decisions I mentioned in my last post. To Blog or not to Blog.......... that is the question. I must write, at least sometimes. It's what Late at Night was all about. Something for me............... and I need 'me things' in my life. That not being selfish, more practical, somewhere to unburden myself when things get a little strained.

I'll use Lighthouse as well, to post a few pictures and perhaps a few items that I find amusing in the press or come across during the day. One today was a Council who spent £5,000 on special notices in Braille to inform the blind what shoes they should wear when they play squash. The next time you see a blind person playing squash, please let me know!

It's going to be a long Winter, and it doesn't look like there will be very much contact from what remains of our family. I doubt whether Cag is going to be able to do very much in the way of travelling before Christmas, if then. So our life will become even more isolated, the way of most people dealing with a form of disability. She doesn't appear concerned, and seems to be happy in what she is doing, so I must leave it up to her to decide when she wants to rejoin society.

As for the economic situation the world is involved in, I'm not worried. I have enough money to last me for the rest of my life. Providing the end of the world is before next Tuesday.

.

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

I'm glad you've decided to stay.
We all need "me things".

With regards to my blog, I wasn't writing it for me, but for others, then wondered it they would care if I didn't write. I'm going to stay too.

I like your sense of humour S'mee. Welcome back.

S'mee said...

I think we've all gone through the 'doing it for me' which becomes 'a need to be read' ........ and that's not what it is all about as far as I'm concerned.

Life has become too serious for me recently. I've got to lighten up and get back to how I was.

I read quite a few Blogs and many of us are dealing with the same questions at the moment. To be or not to be? Well, I've decided to be.

freebird said...

I'm glad you've decided to be.