Sunday 5 October 2008

Serious considerations..............

From the few other Blogs I read, I see that several others are in the same sort of situation as myself. The 'Shall I?' or 'Shan't I?' situation. It's not the Blogging doesn't 'do it' for me anymore, it's because other things in my life have move up the priority ladder, and my thoughts and attentions have been travelling in their direction. So serious consideration is called for about where do I go from here?



I accept the situation we now find ourselves in. I'm not disappointed for myself. I can find joy and laughter in the simplest of things, but I am saddened by my wife's condition. I'm sure with a little more fight, things could be so much better and more interesting for her, but there is no spirit there, just a greater acceptance than mine. So this is the best it can get, unless a miracle ............. ah! a good old miracle. That's what we need.



The good news is, the Remoska is brilliant. Another week of running the freezer contents down, then I should be able to use it every day. I roasted a selection of vegetables last night. The best I've ever tasted.................................
.

.................................... not quite finished, but you get the idea.
.
A moment of madness and I baked bread this afternoon, my first attempt. No, I haven't tasted it yet. That event will be at breakfast tomorrow. It's a shame that Cag can't get involved, but she shows no sign of being even slightly interested. It's beige goo for her again tonight.
.
Back to the original subject, where to go from here. Perhaps a clear out, re-naming, a new direction??? Re-invention, is that the answer? Others can do it, so I'm sure I can. Yep! A time for serious consideration.

.

UPDATE..........

The bread could have been a little lighter, but I know where I went wrong. It's still very edible and no worse than some I have tasted from our local Supermarket. So, if at first you don't succeed ............... you know the rest.

7 comments:

Fiona said...

Ian, my dear sweet man. I'd hate to lose you from her. While I don't comment as often as I used to (blogging for me seems to have become a very quick zap around and leaving very few comments). I supposed I'm a selfish blogger, I just do so enjoy reading about everyone.

I'm sorry to hear that Cag isn't more engaged, but I suppose she is dealing with all this the best she can. I can so empathise with you, I know my dad felt that when the plug was put in and it was down to the stomach pump for food, he felt that to be the real beginning of the end. I can't begin to imagine what that must feel like. Being close by was hard enough.

As for blogging, maybe a fresh start, maybe a weekly update, maybe nothing for a while, you'll find what works best for you. I suppose a vote back to the days of cling-film is impossible? *L*

My thoughts are with you and if virtual SUHs could ever become a reality, you'd be squishy-squashed by one from me :)

Eileen H said...

I have been reading other blogs rather than writing my own. In my case I feel I don't have anything remotely interesting to write about anymore. I did consider deleting my blog then looked back and saw it as a diary of how my life has changed over the past couple of years. I decided against pressing the delete button.

Please keep writing whenever the mood takes you as yours is a blog I do enjoy reading. I don't really like to comment on your situation with your wife's condition. I do sympathise. You are doing a grand job.

Fresh baked bread always smells delicious. Hope you enjoy.

S'mee said...

Hi Fi and Superwoman, I'm definitely not going to disappear, but a re-think of lots of things is called for. I need a direction, a challenge, a........ something. Or is it the onset of Winter blues ......... possibly. If only cling film would solve the problem ;-)

You are right about it being a record. I've re-read several entries of when my mother was with us and wonder how I managed at the time....... but I did, and got some very happy and amusing moments out of the experience.

Sunny Delight said...

Please don't leave us, I love reading you. I would miss you terribly.
I allowed myself to get terribly three sheets to the wind tonight...in other words quite drunk...one thing I know..YOU I cannot do without.

I hold you in such high esteem, and my dear man, I love you. The road you travel is a tough one, but you do it with such grace. Please, please don't leave us. Many SUHs. I wish I could give them to you in person!

Hazel said...

Hi mate,
From a selfish point of view - I do enjoy reading your blog, which I do now and again and I totally know what you mean about priorities changing. Real life is just much more urgent and obviously much, much, much more important - at least in my position. I like your down to earthness - and wish you all the best in whatever decision you make.
Best wishes.

freebird said...

Yes, me too.
I'm ashamed to see that it's a whole month since my last visit (ooh, that sounds like the confessional!) and even longer since I posted on my own blog. You're right, priorities change - but I'd have been SO disappointed, indeed quite upset if I'd found you'd disappeared.
Have a change if you like but remember what you say yourself in your profile: "This is for me. Some thing to do when I feel like it."
Nothing wrong with that, dear Ian. Just don't get rid of the blog altogether, y'hear?
I can't add much to the rest of the comments about Cag, but you know we're all thinking and caring about you very much. Full of admiration for you, as always.
Oh, and the Remoska looks interesting, might see about one myself if I EVER get moved.
xxx

S'mee said...

Oh dear, what can I say? I've done a little retail therapy, another camera, and a new car arrives in about ten days time. I'm sure what I am going through is the Winter blues......... only a couple of months early.

I've got a free day tomorrow, nothing planned, so I intend to watch some clouds and sort myself out.

Thank you all for your support. It is appreciated...... truly.

And FB, the Remorska could suit you very well. I'm having a lot of fun with it.