Tuesday 10 February 2009

An early night..........

I must get an early night, and by that I mean before midnight. Twice in the last few days, I woken up at three A.M after falling asleep in front of the television. Last night it was MASH.

So, what have I been doing to keep myself occupied, now I am a man of leisure. Walking, when the weather is right, more than I have ever done before, even with the dog. I've had to buy a second pair of walking boots. The first pair self destructed after about 25 miles. The problem with buying cheap !

I've also bought a cycle. I live a few hundred yards from a cycle trail, so I would be silly not to make use of it. It's part of an old mineral rail line which ran from the town to the little port of Pentewan. There's a beautiful beach there which I fully intend to make use of in the Summer.

I've done some joining as well. A camera club, that meets weekly. A group of very keen amateurs, but a group with many different styles and subjects, which I'm sure I can learn from. And I've joined a local church. My family have always been associated with the church, so I've joined the congregation of a very old little church at a village just outside of town. It's names after one of the Cornish Saints, St. Mewan. I will be glad when the better weather arrives. I'd forgotten how cold old churches can be in Winter. The heating system was probably install when it was built, in thirteen something !

A busy week, with dentist, hair dresser, tumble drier to be repaired and fascia joints to be resealed, as well as usual shopping trips etc. I've also got to get my passport renewed, on the instructions of brother-in-law. We were going to Scotland later this year, but I think that's been changed. It's still his secret, but I know he has an American friend who is a travel agent, and there was some take about Russia a few weeks back, so you never know................ and I'm up for it !

2 comments:

Seeker said...

Hey! If you go to Russia you can go and check out my son's girlfriend for me :-)

You have reminded me - must remember to get our passport renewal forms filled out. We keep forgetting to do it!

freebird said...

Hey, I've just bought a bike too! Bit scary after all these years.
If you ever feel like doing Land's End to John o Groats on it (for which, of course, you would definitely need that passport) you could make a half way stop at my place!