Saturday 7 February 2009

Late at night...................

I've had the joy of watching two of my favourite films this week. Pretty Woman and Shirley Valentine. I don't know how many times I have watched them, I only know that I will take great pleasure in seeing them again................. hopefully soon. Do you have favourite films?
.
The closing words of S.V made me think of how I feel at this time. My phrasing.........'I've been a husband, I've been a father, and now I'm me again'. What a daunting thought. While the rest of the country was gripped in snow and ice today, I spent an hour on the beach, reliving a walk of 30 years ago. Amongst the flotsam and jetsam of the tide, my mind was not idle.
.



.

How many people would be happy to have the possibilities I have now? I have responsibility for no one, I am responsible to no one. I owe nothing and am owed nothing. The world is my lobster !!!!

And yet I would exchange it in a second for.............................. well, you know what. But that can never be.

I've had a letter today from the Dept. of Works and Pensions (the D.W.P), to say that they have made an over payment to Cag in her Benefit entitlement. They are wrong, in the respect of the amount of payment they are asking to be returned. In fact there was a small overpayment, by two days, two hours and fifteen minutes. I have replied to their request, pointing out their error and asking them if a repayment is still required..................... and I bet it is.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

I LOVE that movie, SV...."I no want make fuck with you. I want take you on brother's boat. Boat is boat. Fuck is fuck. I no make fuck with you. You beautiful woman, but I no want make fuck".

It must be so hard, wanting to have things back. I wish in life that was possible, but it's heartening to see you are putting one foot in front of the other, moving forward. Cag would have wanted that for you and nothing can ever take away what you had.

The beach walk in the cold sounds awesome, that's always something I've wanted to do. My gosh that's quite the cold spell in the UK....should I tell you we're basking in low to mid 20s here already and it's not even 'spring'. We've had a total of about 6 days of winter so far!!!

SUH and a big smile

Seeker said...

We watched SV last night as well. It is definitely my all-time favourite film!

It is good to see you blogging again!

freebird said...

SV is definitely one of those inspirational films, I love it. And yes, Fi, who could ever forget those immortal lines from the gorgeous Tom Conti!
Trust one of those government bodies to put a downer on things!
(Funny, I just mis-typed that as 'thongs'!)