Friday 13 June 2008

Friday the thirteenth............

What have we done to deserve all this good weather. True, it's been a little chilly out of the sun today, a breeze from the N.W has seen to that. June has been turning out to be our best month so far. Makes me wish I was on holiday!

There's been very little improvement in Cag's situation. It's not swallowing difficulties but more a reflex action after the food is down. She takes a few moth fulls, and then is unable to eat any more without feeling sick. I rang someone I know who's husband has M.S and she recommended I contact the M.S nurse for the area.

It's meant going through our doctor, for him to make a referral, but that was not a problem, and he was already suggesting it before I asked. So we are down for a visit at the beginning of next week, for the nurse to set up a programme of support and advice. Sounds good, hope it works.

I know it's Friday 13th, and I'm not superstitious....... touch wood, but one or two thing did go wrong for me today. I found that a tin of Brasso had leaked in the car and it's taken most of the day to loose the smell. A milk container had somehow fallen over in the fridge and the shelf was full of milk. I knock the spoon in the sugar bowl, it catapulted sugar everywhere and the postman took £10.60 of me for Customs Duty and handling charge for a package from America. I've got my fingers cross that nothing else will go wrong today. There's still 29 minutes to go.

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

I truly hope something is found that will help Cag, it must be so worrysome...hugs.

I have never been superstitious about Friday the 13th, I think because I was born on the 13th day of the month...dunno...can't think of anything that went wrong today, except that it took $80.00 American to fill up the gasoline tank on the mini-van...sigh.

Hope you awake to a bright and beautiful Saturday.

S'mee said...

Sunny, this will make you laugh. Our gas is £5.18 a U.K gallon (8 pints). That's about $9.95 and desiel runs out to about $11.25! I,ve taken the floor out of the car to use leg power on the flat!!

Oh, and in that 29 minutes, I managed to knock over a glass of wine. sob!

freebird said...

Sorry but I had to giggle at your Friday the 13th mishaps! And yet more, I see - oh dear!

Yes, I hope the problem with Cag will improve soon - it's a worry.

Oh, and hello, yes, I'm back!