Saturday 14 June 2008

I'm not a poetic person but...........

I found this little poem in my daily paper and it rather stuck a chord with me so I thought I would share it with you........

The Kiss
.
"What other men have dared, I dare,"
He said. "I'm daring too:
And tho' they told me to beware,
One kiss I'll take from you."
.
"Did I say one? Forgive me dear;
That was a grave mistake,
For when I've taken one, I fear,
One hundred more I'll take."
.
"Tis sweet one kiss from you to win,
But stop there? Oh no!
One kiss is only the begin;
There is no end you know."
.
The maiden arose from where she sat
And gently raised her head:
"No man has ever talked like that-
You may begin," she said.
.
Thomas Masson 1866-1934

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

I like that!

freebird said...

Helloooooooooooooo!
Anybody there?

Are you OK?

Sweet poem, BTW.

S'mee said...

Hi FB. I'm about......... just. Been doing a lot of reading and trying to get hundreds of pictures sorted. Hoefully, after this weekend, things will be easier and I'll get blogging.

Thanks for asking, X