Tuesday 24 June 2008

Great tits............

At last, the children have come to the table. Our little feathered friend have brought along their offspring to show them where to get food, and what to do with it. Last year it was the robins and dunnocks, but it was the great tits, followed by their smaller cousins, that graced our bird table first.
.

.
A young blackbird took up position this afternoon and tried to keep the table as his sole domain. It showed no fear even when I went in close with the camera.
.

...........................................

.

I was expecting another phone call from the doctor this afternoon, but it didn't happen. I had managed to get in contact with the M.S nurse to discuss the best way forward for Cag. I was under the impression, as was the doctor, that she would be able to make a home visit, but this is not the case. She has nearly 700 people with M.S on her books and the only way she physically can be of help to them is by running a clinic at the County Hospital. If she were to make house calls she would only be able to help a small number, much smaller than if the person was to visit her.

.

She is having an assistant appointed, who will be able to cover the home calls but that won't be for several weeks. We will be on her list. The nurse was going to contact our doctor with this information, so I thought he may have called........ silly me!

.

We did discuss Cag's situation and she is of the same opinion, that the problem, although M.S related, is being caused by depression. She suggested I go back to the doctor and for him to visit to check things over with this in mind.

.

Cag has asked me to belay that for a few more days to see if she can shake the feeling herself, but there was not a lot of progress if today was anything to go by.............. but we shall keep trying.

7 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

How sweet, I love watching the birds visit my feeders, a hummingbird took a break and perched atop the shepherds hook holding the feeder the other morning...it held me spellbound...it is an amazement to me that something we have seen hundreds of times still holds such enthrallment.

You and Cag have been in my thoughts for days and days...I hope she has found her way toward feeling better. And, that you are finding your small joys as well.

SUH

S'mee said...

Hi Sunny, I've missed you. Was going to drop you a line just to make sure you weren't getting your feet wet. High water down your way.

We've a special care nurse calling this week so I'm hoping for good advice and help to a way forward.

Thanks for the SUH, I need one!

freebird said...

Here's another SUH for you!

Fab bird photos, Ian, you're clever. I've tried to get photos of our woodpeckers feeding their young but all I get is a blur!

How are things going with Cag now? Any progress with her eating?

S'mee said...

Hi FB, not a lot of joy I'm afraid. Have a McMillan nurse calling tomorrow, so will post when I have news.

Seeker said...

Just wanted to say that I hope you are okay. Just like Sunny, I am thinking of you and Cag and keeping you both in my prayers.

S'mee said...

Thanks Seeker. Was going to post this weekend but am waiting for the nurse to contact me with, hopefully, a way forward.

Seeker said...

I'm going to be away on holiday for two weeks from tomorrow. I really hope that things improve a lot for you while I am gone.