Thursday 15 May 2008

Thursday....... nearly a week.

It's been nearly a week since I hit the 'create' tab............ and I don't feel very creative. There's been plenty happening around, but I seem to have been playing catch-up, trying, but unable to get ahead of the game.

We've lost a neighbour this week. He's been going down hill for months, with a series of complications caused by old age. The funeral is next week, but it looks as if it will be a private affair, close family only. I look around, and most of our neighbours are in their 70's and 80's so I suppose we had better get used to losses.

Speaking of losses, one of my Credit Cards has been compromised. I must praise the Bank. They picked up the problem within 24 hours, phone card top-ups in different parts of the country, then rang me straight away to querie the transactions. So I'm card less for a few days, probably a good thing!

I have managed to get Cag out this week, before the weather changed and the wet stuff returned. We went shopping and she saved £60! Now I have difficulty in understanding the logic of being able to spend money and yet save £60. This has got to be another example of the Mars/Venus syndrome. If I dwell on it for too long the pain in my head will return.

We are planning another trip to see Cag's sisters at the weekend all being well. They might have grandparent duties to take care of, which will mean a change of plans, so it will be a last minute decision. They usually make trifle for us, and I like trifle, so hopefully the trip will go ahead. I'll have to remind them................... about the trifle.

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Did you get your trifle?

SUH

S'mee said...

No Sunny, I missed out, but the apple pie and cream more than made up for it!

Must get myself sorted out this week. I seem to be swimming upstream again.