Wednesday 7 May 2008

Wednesday 7th May

Tuesday, and the day went well. It was a rush, an early start, to get everything done before the hairdresser arrived. Then get Cag back to bed, and get myself ready for the trip to the clinic. I arrived with minutes to spare, was called straight in, and was out in about five minutes. Easy!

The surgeon was very pleased. I coughed in all the right places, and promised to ask for him again if I even needed to have the other side repaired. He said there was about a 30% chance that I would, and I thanked him for that good news!

The weather is absolutely wonderful today, so I took Cag to our favourite Garden Centre. I thought we may return with another orchid........ and I was not wrong! The day also gave me time to see how Cag was coping, now things are about back to normal.

The news is not good. It always happens after a set back. Other times it's been because of something happening to her, but this time it's been my little problem. There are things she could do a few months ago that she just can't manage now. Little things to help me with lifting, or being able to steady something with her hands. Being able to hold an item tightly has long gone, but I now have to move her fingers even for her to have a tissue in her hand.

She quickly gets tired, and will drop off to sleep at odd times during the day, something she would never do before my operation. The problem is that once a step back has been made, it can never be caught up with again, at least in Cag's case. 'Don't use it, lose it', comes to mind, but it's so true with her form of progressive M.S.

Anyway, summer is a'coming, and we shall do what we can, when we can. We are not looking too far into the future, just taking it a day at a time. The serious thing is, we're out of custard tarts, so it's shopping for me tomorrow. That's far enough to look forward.

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

I'm sorry but this made me feel so sad for you, and Cag. You do seem to have a wonderful outlook on it all though. As there seems to be no other way to do this, but take it one day at a time. I do admire you.

Yes, summer is coming, and once I get the next 4 weeks out of the way, I hope to enjoy it myself.

SUH and more.

S'mee said...

It's the hand of cards that life deals Sunny. Not one I would have planned, but I didn't get to shuffle the cards;-)

We are fine and there are others with less to look forward to.