Wednesday 21 May 2008

Wednesday 20th........

They planted a neighbour today, or rather took him to the Crematorium for re-cycling. I felt more than sorry for the family. They had arranged for the few who attended the service to come back to the house for a glass of something and a nibble or two, but today was the day workmen chose to start hedge trimming and shredding right below the house. The noise was horrendous. I expect it will be a day they all remember, in more ways than one.

We have been struggling for the past week. Cag has had catheter problems, and it's not been fun. She really didn't want to have it changed, it's most uncomfortable, but there was no other choice. Luckily we had a nurse who know what she was doing and it was all over in a flash. She didn't have any Instagel, a numbing gel that also lubricates, so I asked her if it would be a problem? "Not for me" she replied, "You'll be at the shouty end!"


New credit cards arrived this morning, to replace the 'compromised' ones. Cag can't wait to try them out, just to make sure they work. I bet she means mine!


6 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

A noisy few days it seems you had...

But all in all, you sound more chipper...true?

S'mee said...

I'm more me now. Some of Cag's problems have been solved, but eating is still a worry. I'll see what happens over the weekend and take it from there.

Thanks for asking Sunny

Fiona said...

Apple charlotte and custard. Malt loaf with thickly spread butter. Roast chicken and parsley sauce. Lentil soup with bacon.

My mind wandered there a bit :)

Glad to hear you're taking care of yourself, too :)

SUH

S'mee said...

Oh Fi, stop talking dirty to me! You certainly know how to stop a chap in his tracks!!

Great to have you back.

Fiona said...

A whole week without a post? Don't make me bring out the big guns...roast lamb leg with mint sauce (NOT jelly), melanzane parmigiana, molten chocolate pudding with cream, gooseberry fool....I hope you're ok over there :) SUH

S'mee said...

I hoped no one would notice. I have been up to my eyes in it (won't say what, but you wouldn't want it on toast!).

As Arnie once said......"I'll be back."