Monday 10 November 2008

Into week two........

Into week two, and spent the day pacing. After washing and changing Cag in the morning, there's very little to do except sit and watch. The weather has been dreadful, so even a walk around the garden wasn't possible. Cag's had a couple of choking episodes today, unable to clear her throat, stopping her breathing.............. frightening........... for both of us.

Our daughter and granddaughter came down on Saturday. It was a good day, and Cag managed a smile. She's been asleep since then, eyes open only briefly, but there's nothing there.

There was a meeting at the Surgery today, to discus the way forward with Cag's care.I will probably hear all when the nurse calls tomorrow morning. Dawn, a MacMillan nurse phoned this afternoon. She's calling on Wednesday afternoon. She said she would be waring a badge and a smile. "Anything else?" I asked.

I've heard they will be arranging for certain medications to be available here at home. To save them rushing around looking for things if needed. I can guess what it will be, but if Cag's breathing deteriorates too much, I can see hospice care being suggested. It's only five minutes away. Wonder what the rest of the week will bring.

Me? I'm O.K. Lumpy throat at times, annoyed I can't do more, wondering about the future, trying to keep busy, all sorts of emotions. Dreading some of the plans I will have to make............. but I'm O.K.......... ish.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I've been there during choking episodes, it is so very frightening, Ian. Yes, for both.

I've been thinking about you a lot, trying to fathom how hard this must be. I'm so glad you all got a smile and there is no doubt the love you two share is a special one.

Glad you haven't lost your sense of humour....I hope the nurse's can give back as good as they get ;)

These are hard times, Ian, please reach out where you can and lean when you need to.

Great big SUH

Fi
xxxx

Sunny Delight said...

Here for you in anyway a long distance friend can be.

Wishing there were some way to soften your pain.

love you, and a kazillion SUHs

S