Friday 22 August 2008

Friday...............

I can't believe it's Friday already. Some parts of the week have really dragged, while at other times it's just flown by. The good news is that everything came together today.

The PEG nurse had phoned the next morning to make sure I was happy to do the feeds on my own. Today the dietitian called, to fill in a few gaps and to answer a couple of questions I had dropped on the PEG nurse. At least they talk to each other.

The food suppliers phoned and have arranged to deliver a months supply of the 'beige chemical soup' on Wednesday of next week. Finally, Tina, one of the community nurses asked if she could drop in on us to sort out what was needed from them and what back up they would be able to supply. She had been visiting my cousin, who lives two doors away, so it was a case of killing two 'old birds' with one stone.

I felt a lot happier after seeing Tina. She's known Cag for over five years and doesn't have to ask the questions that other would ask. She checked her out physically and told me what I must work on as far as physio is concerned, and what other problems to watch out for. So the future looks a little more rosy than it did a day or two ago.

It very much depends on Cag, and just how much effort she can and will put into her own recovery. It's not been a great deal in the past, but she is at a stage where choices soon will be taken out of her hands, and there will be no way back. I will do my bit. What else is there for me to do? At least I know there are others who can help.

On a happier note, I'm going to win £14 million tomorrow.................. well at least I've bought a ticket!

6 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

It's so nice to "read" this positive note in your voice (eh...writing).

*lifting up my glass up merlot* Cheers!

Sunny Delight said...

eh, that was supposed to read "lifting up my glass of merlot to you!" Grrrr!

S'mee said...

Oh Sunny, I love it when you growl. Recon we both need a glass..... or two at times. And I'm still a possible millionaire!

Seeker said...

Glad things are looking a bit more hopeful now. Keep your chin up.

I'm guessing we would have heard by now if you had become a millionaire. Or perhaps you are out spending it already?!!!!!!

Take care.

freebird said...

Mmmmmmmm, beige chemical soup - yum! :-/

You're doing brilliantly, and great to hear you're getting good support now.
Don't forget to look after you too.

Hey that's funny, I too bought a ticket for the first time in ages. Didn't come up, did yours? Never mind, I booked one for next week so we'll both be millioinaires soon. How exciting!
xxx

S'mee said...

Bad news.............. I didn't win.
Why are you not surprised? )))