Friday 25 April 2008

24th...........

I've been missing for a couple of days. Just some fleeting visits to see how you all are. I've been feeling unusually tired and have fallen asleep with very little encouragement. I've managed to sleep through some of the best programmes of the week and woken up in time to see the rubbish.

I've been chasing Cag's disablement benefit today. We had a letter at the beginning of the week to notify us of a small increase and when it would be paid into our account. Of course it wasn't. After nearly an hour on the phone, I found that it had been paid into another account and not the one designated.

Who changed it, and for why, is a mystery. It was paid into the Post Office instead of our Bank account, an arrangement that had been revised about five years ago. Nice of them not to tell us! It's now been put right and hopefully all will be well next month.

I've started making plans for next week. A few jobs to catch up on after my forced 'holiday'. Nothing too strenuous. A little weeding and tidying, then starting a few beans to be planted out in May. I've some power washing to do around the patio but that will have to wait for another week or so. I did all the digging before my operation, so there's no heavy work to do. Just plant and watch 'um grow.

4 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Are we allowed to wag our fingers at you, and say..."I told you to take it easy young man!"

Your body knows...listen to it. Or, you won't be out planting beans in May.

Take care, wishing you beautiful sunrises, pristine blue skies, and wondrous sunsets.

freebird said...

Hey S'mee, the falling asleep thing is bound to be a 'hangover' from the op and the stress of all the ripples of disruption that it caused.
Ease yourself back into the old routine very gently and don't be impatient! Listen to your friends here!
Oh, and I've been power-washing today too. Once you've wrestled with all the hoses and cables it's quite good fun, isn't it?!

freebird said...

PS. Kind of little message for you over at my place...

S'mee said...

Thanks for passing on the message Fb. I've put things right.....I hope.

Love the sunset SD, X