Saturday 19 April 2008

Saturday 19th..........

Very remiss of me, not posting for such a long time, but I've had commitments in other directions.


I was contacted by a fellow GenesReunited member and asked about a family line that I wasn't very familiar with. It took me longer than I thought to gather the information he wanted and even then, it's left as many questions as answers. One of those times when a few questions to my mother may have filled in the gaps.......... if she had her 'thinking head' on.


It's also been a busy E-bay few days, several items I've been following all finishing at the same time. Nothing exciting, only pencils, but I did manage to pick up a couple of bargains........ I think.


It was the carers last day today, and Cag is over the moon. No more hoist. I will miss some of them, the sensible ones, but others I will be pleased to see the back of. Caring is not and should not be their business. Back to normal tomorrow....... if we can remember what that was.


I was amazed today. When I did my paper round, on my last call I picked up the post (usual rubbish) and took it in with me. The lady said she was hoping for her bus pass. Bus pass? But she never goes out! Or if she does it's taxi door to door.


"They've all got one," was her reply. I found out nearly all my neighbours have a pass, and not one of them has used a bus in the last five years. "But they're free," was her response to that one. Human nature is a funny thing. They feel they are missing out if they don't get something for nothing, even if they will never use it.


And speaking of neighbours............... we have a new one. A knight of the road. One of life's free spirits.
.

He spends his afternoons, if sunny, in a state of repose, on a bench a little way along the road from our estate entrance. He doesn't bother anyone, and no one bothers him. Goodness knows where he resides when the weather has a mood. The night time temperatures are still very low. Perhaps I should offer him our spare bedroom now my mother is no longer here........... or there again....... perhaps not.

2 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

I laughed when that about the buspasses,so very true of so many people!
If the caregivers are,I hope that means you are back fine form again!

Your new neighbor has me thinking of my son, his backpack was mislaid,(not transferred to the new bus) and he is now stuck in a city with nothing but the clothes on his back, until it shows up.

S.U.H.

S'mee said...

Physically fit but careful Sunny. Cag is just waiting to get out and spend some money. It always makes her feel better ;-)

Sorry to hear about your son. He didn't pass through Terminal 5 Heathrow by any chance? 98% sure to loose a bag there!