Wednesday 30 April 2008

30th......... and ashamed!

Yes, ashamed............ well, a little ashamed. It's been six whole days since I hit the keyboard in this direction. Where did those days go?

Sunday saw us taking our first real trip for seven weeks, to see Cag's sisters at Bishopsteighton. The weather was iffy, the journey long, the company good fun. There was sherry trifle and chocolate cake................... and hundreds of pictures from their recent holiday in the Far East and Australia. Literally, over 300! Hmmmmmm.

A phone call on Monday from the vicar in Torquay brought the news of the death of my mother's best friend. Arrangements had already been planned , but unfortunately I shall not be able to attend the funeral. I'm disappointed, because her daughter had managed to travel from Oxford for my mother's funeral, and I would have liked to return the gesture. It would mean a 4 a.m start for us, so you can see why it's not possible.

Bet mum is saving her a seat at the great Bingo Hall in in the sky.

Monday afternoon and a Community Nurse called to do a reassessment on Cag's situation, with regard as to who would pay for the recent care package............ I knew it wouldn't be me. Same old questions, same old answers. Care details, toileting, feeding, general medical health etc, then more specific questions. Swallowing reflex, mental process, communication............. the more detailed, the sillier the answer.

Does she loose consciousness? Not willingly!
Does she struggle with things? Only the pillow over her face!
Does she drink a lot? No, she spills most of it!!!!!

Anyway, the cost will be picked up by Social Services, as expected, as the care given was physical and not medical. Just Social Services trying to wriggle out of paying again. Wish I was a Rate payer so I could be really miffed!

I'm afraid the last two days have been all bladder and bowels.............................. Don't ask! Thank God for short nails!!

1 comment:

freebird said...

Why on earth should you be ashamed? Silly S'mee! No obligation here, it's for you!
Glad to hear you're getting out and about now, but yes, it's a pity you couldn't make that big trip. Obviously the daughter will understand though.
I like your silly answers, and no I won't ask about the need for short nails, but I bet a SUH right back atcha wouldn't go amiss.
xxx