Thursday 3 April 2008

April 2nd and 3rd.............

We've got the April Fool jokes over with, although I did have a problem convincing one person I know that the flock of flying penguins shown on the news wasn't quite what it seemed.

Another smoke filled day yesterday, but the sun came out with a vengeance today. The wind dropped to a gentle northerly and carried the smoke across the valley, away from the homes. It was a doors and windows open sort of day, the best this year so far. The car showed 24c, about 75f, so it was me shopping in a T-shirt this afternoon. I half expected to see bikini tops being worn by the shoppers at the Supermarket, but thankfully the young ladies had more respect for my tired eyes.

I've arranged for the carers to reduce their hours next week. I've said that I will look after Cag's washing etc, if they will still do all the transferring. It's not difficult, no lifting, and I have the time. Cag would prefer it as I do a more thorough job than their 'lick and spit'. Might even get a 'thank you'.

I do wish she would be a little more adventurous with her eating habits. There are very few thing now that she will eat, and even then it's little more than half a dozen fork fulls. I do get a little put out having just spent over an hour preparing and cooking a meal to see so little being ate. I wonder if it's because she has so little control over her life, that she goes overboard on something she can control. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

2 comments:

Seeker said...

My daughter was working overtime with the April Fools jokes this year. Oh course, she didn't catch us (well, maybe just for a little while!).

Your story about the penguins reminded me of when That's Life did the 'Lirpa Loof' prank: my mum believed they had shown a real animal and took a lot of persuading otherwise!

freebird said...

You know, I'm really hoping that having had someone else providing slightly less than perfect care for a while will make Cag appreciate you more, dear S'mee. Am I hoping for too much?
It's a pity about the food thing. One would think that with so many limitations in her life, at least eating could be one way she could get some real pleasure. And it would be so much more encouraging for you too. Sigh...