Friday 11 April 2008

9th, 10th and 11th........

Days are running into one. They all seem the same, just waiting on other people, and time to go by until I am able to lift again.

I have had a little excitement though. I added our telephone service to my I.S.P, and set up the Direct Debit to take care of the charges. My I.S.P is quite happy that payments are being made .......... but no money is coming out of my bank account. I.S.P said it's my banks problem and bank said it was I.S.P's. Now where! Another payment is due on the 14th, so we shall see what happens then.

We've had visitors. A beautiful male woodpecker and on occasions his mate, both taking it in turns to grab a nut or two from our feeders..........

This is mister. You can tell by the little splash of red on the back of his head. His lady hasn't one. Cag has been thrilled to bits and has been keeping me informed of their antics all day.

I did notice a pair of goldfinches working their way through the gardens yesterday, but they didn't stop for long. We used to see flocks of twenty or thirty, feeding then flying, then settling to feed again, but that was a few years ago. Perhaps later in the year...... but I doubt it. All the other birds are busy at the food dish and feeders. Hopefully it won't be long before we see the result of their activities, when they bring their young to the table.

4 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

He is beautiful! Birds are such wonderful animals to watch...it is nice Cag can see them.

A friend was telling me a story of watching a blue heron fishing in her neighbors garden pond...it is wonderful to think they come visiting even in well populated areas...although i do think the neighbor may start to miss their koi.

I hope to add more feeders this year, now I only have one...yet I remember the wide variety of life that used to visit my feeders when I lived in this area before. I do know I will have more hanging planters of flowers to attract the hummingbirds again...and guess what...the flowers won't be blue...

The waiting will end...enjoy the time you have now...you will be so busy very soon.

S.U.H.

S'mee said...

I used to belong to a gardening forum, the fuchsia section. I was always jealous of the way the Americans used to rave about hummers visiting their hanging baskets. We in the U.K want hummers too!

freebird said...

That's brilliant Ian. We get greater spotted woodpeckers on our feeders too, but try as I might, I've never managed to get a picture as good as that. We also get the occasional small flock of goldfinches - such a treat!
Hummingbirds - well that would be something! Maybe with global warming.....?

S'mee said...

Global warming? If it means hummers...... bring it on!