Friday 28 September 2007

Friday..... not the thirteenth but.

I spent the morning trying to get ahead of myself so I would have enough time to arrive at the doctors early. I shouldn't have rushed as I had plenty of time in the end.

It was just as I expected. Another set of ultra-scans for the gall bladder problem and an assessment for the hernia. The hernia can probably be done under 'a local' at a clinic a few miles from here, but the results from the scan are the more worrying, waiting to see how they compare which the scan five years ago. A few days out now might save a few weeks in the future, so it's better to get things done now rather than hope it will go away.

Cag could handle a few days in care if I had to go into hospital but my mother would deteriorate very quickly if she was taken out of her routine. I doubt if many would appreciate that.

The rest of the day was pretty ordinary, except I had a little extra to drink over dinner, but sometimes one needs that little extra. Waiting on other people now. Don't you just hate that?

1 comment:

Sunny Delight said...

Do you have in-home respite services in your area? You need it darling man, you need it!