Wednesday 26 September 2007

Wednesday, or is it?

I looked at the clock. 6.05am, an hour before I needed to get up. I could hear movement and thought it was probably my mother needing to use the bathroom. I gave it another five minutes and then went to see how she was.

She was coming out of the bathroom, fully dressed, bedroom tidied, tablets sorted for the day. I helped her into the lounge, made her a cup of tea, made sure she was warm, and went back to bed for an hour.

She said she had been up for an hour, couldn't sleep, and was having trouble with itching, so thought by getting dressed it would take her mind off the irritation. Some sort of logic had made it's way though a fragile mind.

My early start was due to having to take the car in for it's second birthday service. Neighbours had already noticed that something was in the wind when they saw me cleaning it yesterday ............ and when I started vacuuming the interior.................... the whole estate was is the know. Something is up!

Just for the record. I checked outside at about 10.30pm and the car roof was white. Our first frost of the winter. That will put pay to the beans!

No comments: