Monday 10 March 2008

7th, 8th, 9th, 10th! Where was I?

Well, there's a New Year's resolution shot down in flames. My aim to post at least every other day has fallen foul of other demands on my time. I've had to catch up on some long delayed snail mails to relations and friends who have not yet caught up with modern technology. I even managed some correspondence in long hand, brave for me considering my spelling capabilities.

We, like many others I suspect, have battened down the hatches, and sat out the storm today. I did take a quick visit to our village Post Office, first thing this morning, and witnessed the removal of a large tree that had blocked the roadway to our local garage. Apart from that little excitement, and the odd deafening gust, it's been fairly quiet. We've been lucky.

I knew I had spoken too soon when I said that I had the 'all clear' for claims against my mother's estate. I received a demand for £155 on Saturday from the Dept. Works and Pensions. I phone on Monday to tell them that I had already received a letter to say that there would be no claim, and after checking I was told to ignore the demands. I have since written to them with chapter and verse, for I have found to simply ignore a demand from the D.W.P, will come back to haunt at a later date.

An early start on Sunday for our last trip to Brixham, or any where, until after I recover from The Op. It was a good day, a little drizzle traveling, but long bouts of sunshine to cheer us on our way. Cag took the journey well and was able to pay attention to most of what was happening. K played hostess with coffee, chocolate cake, and non stop conversation, so the afternoon flew by. She showed us the last pictures of her husband, a few months before he lost his battle with a brain tumor. We never saw him then, as Cag was pretty well confined to the home after breaking her leg. We hardly recognized him. The drugs had taken their toll. It was a sad end for a very fit and active person. It's good that she can talk about him and in such a positive manner, but I know she misses him dearly.

And now what? I still have the feeling that all the plans for Cag's care are not going to come together. Just a little feeling, but I'm not often wrong.

5 comments:

Seeker said...

I really hope you are wrong on this occasion!

When is your op going to be done?

S'mee said...

Monday 17th Seeker. I go under the knife at 2pm, and should be on my way home before 4pm.

I do hope I'm wrong as well. I shall be phoning tomorrow to get some answers, so fingers crossed.

Fiona said...

Fingers and toes crossed here, Ian. Arms and legs (as in your pic), too, if that would help.

freebird said...

I hope you're wrong this time too. But why are you having doubts?

I hope you've survived the storms unscathed.

S'mee said...

Freebird, this is Cornwall....... every thing is done dreckly, and they've only had 10 weeks notice!