Sunday 2 March 2008

Saturday and Sunday..................

Saturday, and blue sky with plenty of sunshine. Far too good to spend indoors, so it was a trip out in the afternoon. Only to a garden centre about 35 minutes away, but it was a change of scene for Cag and an easy place for us to get around in a wheelchair. It's close to the north coast, on high ground, so although the sun looked welcoming, the wind still had a winter bite. I got away lightly, just the purchase of two anniversary cards. Phew!

Today was a little better than the forecasters had suggested, and I managed to get some heavy bedding dry outside before a fine drizzle settled in for the evening. We had been waiting all day for news from Cag's sisters who were visiting her mother in hospital. We finally got the call about 7.30pm, a long day for all. M-in-L is improving slightly. The hospital is hoping to be able to fix the problem without an operation, and should know one way or the other by Tuesday........ more waiting.

We contacted Cag's eldest sister, holidaying in New Zealand at the moment, to give her the latest update. Everyone else seemed reluctant to phone her.............. worried about the cost I suspect. I just get the feeling that all four of Cag's sisters have not the same concern that we have over the recent events, and that mother is a problem they could well do with out. If anything was to happen, it would leave a great gap in Cag's life. She phones every day, if only for a couple of minutes, something the others would do weekly or more likely monthly.

So we wait. I doubt there will be any more news unless we enquire ourselves. I'm toying with the idea of making the journey up to see her, perhaps Wednesday, but only if Cag feels up to it. We will see.

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

The news on your MiL does not sound all that great...you and Cag have been through so much in recent months, I hope her health improves.

Wow 5 girls in one family...I wonder how Cag's father stood it! I bet there were days when he searched for private spots...to be off on his own.

SUH

S'mee said...

Cag's father was not the nicest of people, but with all those female hormones flying about, I guess he had his reasons! A man's man in a house full of women ......... well!!!

Fiona said...

My dad had a son two daughters. After my brother left home he'd often say, in very non-derogatory terms....I'm surrounded by fannies! That's UK definition of fanny people *L*