Sunday 23 March 2008

Good Friday, Saturday and Easter Sunday......

I was due to post last night, but blogging faced tough competition, Pride and Prejudice, the Keira Knightley/Matthew Macfadyen version. I wanted to see how it compared with the BBC series of a couple of years ago. It's a story that needs a lot more than 2 hours 20 minutes allowed in the film. No heaving bosoms in A-line gowns, and no wet shirted Mr Darcy after a swim in the lake. It still managed to be a good tale told reasonably well.

I have dropsy. Nothing to do with water on or in any part of my body. It's when ever you go to pick things up, they end up on the floor! And bending is a problem. I'm not in pain, it's very much a stinging, that creeps up on you when your not expecting it. Involuntary actions are also a problem. Coughing suddenly, or a sneeze that comes out of nowhere and give you little chance to prepare for it. I'm sure Cag is shaking the pepper pot around the house!

I've taken the last of the tablet supplied after the operation. The pain killers are finished, only regular Paracetamol have now been advised, and I had the last anti-biotic tonight, horrible tasting orange and grey bullets, so it means I can have a glass or three once again. Yes, I've been tea total for a week. It's not been easy, and there are a lot of very worried wine growers in the world. To all of them I say, I hope to be catching up very soon.

Easter Day and visitors. Two of Cag's sisters and our favourite brother-in-law (he might be reading this) arrived in the most comfortable ride that ever came out of Sweden, nothing to do with Ulrika Jonsson, more a Volvo. Cag had been really looking forward to more company, as it had been a very long week for her, with very little she could do. It was also a joy for me to have more conversation and to get away from repeats of News 24 on the T.V. And they brought chocolate cake!!!

I'm hoping to get myself back to near normality this next week. Still no lifting but I should be able to get out more and do a little shopping etc. These next few weeks are going to be the real pain. As I get better I will want to do more, and therein lays the danger.

1 comment:

Sunny Delight said...

I will have to rent myself a copy of the film, I haven't seen this new version.

You need one of those long-handled grabby thingys--don't you love the technical term :)--sounds as if you are healing...and that is good news!

It also sounds like you had a nice Easter weekend...buy yes....do not over do....might have to spank!