Sunday 30 March 2008

Friday to Sunday.........

I was supposed to post last night, but it was beginning to get late when I finally completed all I had to do on line. Then there was losing an hour with the change to B.S.T, but how much better it is to have daylight well into the evening rather than having all the lights on at five o'clock in the afternoon.

I removed the final dressing today. The wound is fully healed and clean. If only the itching would stop. It's not the sort you can do anything about. A sign of everything getting back to normal...... hopefully.

I've still not touched a glass of wine, or any other alcohol, since before the operation. Is this the new me? I thought I might have lost some weight, so I hit the scales this morning. Yep, lost three pounds........... and am about forty pounds richer! We've a new car to order for October soon, so the extra cash will come in handy.

Our ex- neighbour in Torquay emailed last night, with news about the work being carried out on the old family home. It seems that it's being altered into two flats with mother and father living on the ground floor and daughter taking over the upstairs rooms. Two of the window have been bricked up, one to add more privacy to a bedroom, and a kitchen window, so that new units can be installed all along one wall. New windows, central heating and an extra W.C, completes the work so far. All work that was desperately needed.

It was a beautiful day today. Fine drying weather with a brisk but chilly wind. The promised rain arrived with the sunset and bathed the area in that strange yellow light against the dark grey clouds. I tried to photograph it but couldn't get the colour right. Perhaps another time.

5 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

You sound in good spirit...and with no spirits in you...lovely!

Healing well too...is there going to much of a scar?

Drying weather...sigh...not here....sprinkled on and off through out the day...just enough to keep everything damp.

Happy new week to you dear man. SUH's galore...to bring in spring!

ohhh! my word verification is oddpnaky...I am sure I could make something of that if tried just a bit :-)

Eileen H said...

I have another saying...

It's better than riches to scratch where it itches!

S'mee said...

Love 'the saying' Superwoman.

With my spelling abilities, I'm sure many of the verifications are words I haven't come across before!
I feel a demand for a picture of the scar coming up Sunny!!!!!

freebird said...

Glad to hear you're mending well. I hope the visiting care is also up to er.... 'scratch'! (Sorry, that just came out.)

Sunny Delight said...

Ian....I had to fight myself not request a photograph! You know me too well! ~laughing~ Hope you are still doing OK.