Wednesday 12 March 2008

Eleventh and Twelfth

Two days of marking time. I've got quite a bit to do before next Monday, but it's that in between time. Too soon to start and yet I don't want to leave thing for much longer otherwise it will be a last minute rush.

I've started buying in for next week, the non perishables, and have already spent a fortune....... all on 'just in case'. I get the feeling that some items may stay in the cupboard an never get used. Either that or Cag will change her eating habits and that will leave me to 'use them up' or more likely the dog.

We've had a visit from a lady who works for the D.W.P today. This time it's for me to have authorization to act for Cag when dealing with different government agencies. She had all our details from there computer system (big brother?). She just needed my signature and to say 'hello' to Cag to make sure she is not a figment of my imagination. Some figment!!

I received a phone call from the clinic practice nurse, to go over with me the order of play for Monday. Arrival at 1.15pm, operation at 2pm, cup of tea and a chat afterwards, and leave for home about 3.45pm. Then the pain begins.

I thought I'd better reconfirm the care plan details for Cag with Adult Social Care. I left two messages and had a promise that I would be contacted either this evening or tomorrow morning. I haven't been contacted by the care team yet, there's no hoist, the bed has to be raised, and furniture moved. I sense a last minute panic...................... MINE!

2 comments:

Fiona said...

My thoughts will be with and on you at that time....something tells me no matter what the situation throws at you, you'll handle it with your usual aplomb and excellent good humour. But I'm here to listen if not all goes well - please tell me you wont' be kept from us!!!!

S'mee said...

Like Silvester once said....."I'll be back"....... in time for tea!