Tuesday 18 March 2008

Monday and soresday...........

Oooooooooooooh! Only kidding. The operation was fine. Everything went like clockwork. I arrived a little early, thanks to my neighbour who hates being late for anything, had a pre-op interview, and was on the table at exactly 2.00pm.

The worst part was the bathing of the area with antiseptic. It stung, I mean, IT REALLY STUNG! There was a little prick from the local (stop it Fi) and the rest was pain free. Plenty of chatting from the nurses to keep my mind off things, and a cup of tea afterwards.

Neighbour picked me up about 3.30pm and we were home before 4.00. Even up to the time I got into bed, everything seemed fine, so I got a fair nights sleep.

Today has been O.K. A dull ache rather than actual pain, and a sharp stab if I move too quickly or try to do anything I shouldn't. So all in all I've fared rather well.

Cags hasn't had the same luck with 'faring well'. The carers have been having a lot of problem in using the hoist and it's been very uncomfortable for her. It is getting better now we've found how best to position it and the sling, but it's never going to be her favourite time of the day. It's not forever, so we will make the best of it for the time being.

And now another early night. Sorry I shan't be able to read my usual blogs, but I will catch up in the next day or two. Night, night.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Those local pricks are the worst ;)

So glad to hear you survived with humour intact! I'm so sorry that the hoist thingamejig has some wrinkles to iron out but let's have a few days about YOU dear man. I hope you're getting what you need :)

SUHs

Fi

Sunny Delight said...

I guffawed out loud when I read your comment to Fiona! I too am very happy it all has been mostly pain free...for you at least. Sorry to hear Cag is not fairing well, as you said it will only be a short time, or will be if you get your rest and heal.

So listen up young man!

The carers are there to take your place whilst you heal!

DO NOT OVERDO...IN FACT I ORDER YOU TO UNDERDO!

A gentle stand up hug!

Seeker said...

Great to hear you survived the experience!

I second the advice about taking it easy! You just behave yourself now..........

S'mee said...

Thank you all for your good wishes. I feel so well, a lot better today than yesterday. The danger is not to push thing too hard, I know, and I am very careful.

Carers have done a lot better today, now they've had some practice. Things can only get better.........slowly.

Love to all, IanS.