Saturday 15 March 2008

Fourteen, going on Fifteen....

I was going to post last night, but as you can guess by the previous post, Friday was one of those days. I started the ball rolling at 8.45am by phoning Cornwall Carers Support. I couldn't speak to my contact there, but her supervisor Monica was covering for her. I told her the problem.

I got the feeling that this was not a new story to her ears. She asked for all the details, and then said "Leave it to me, I'll get back to you".

Within half an hour I had a phone call from Adult Soc. Care. They confirmed the carers would be contacting me within the hour to arrange a visit, a hoist would be found and delivered by 10 o'c Monday morning at the latest, and that Technical Services would phone, arrange a visit to raise the bed that very afternoon.

By 11.30 I had seen the carers supervisor and gone over our needs with her. Tec Serv were arrived at 3.30pm, and a few minutes later the manager of the carers phoned again to make sure I was happy that everything was in place. Waow!

Monica phoned back a little after 4 o'c to check on progress and I was able to tell her that all angles were covered. She said it was all about knowing who to light the fire under. I got the feeling that Monica was not a lady to cross. I thanked her for all she had done and she made me promise to get in touch again if anything even looked like going wrong.

Now to gird my loins (or shave them) and get ready for the big day. I shall write in ballpoint, just below my naval "BE GENTLE WITH ME".

7 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

Write it, photograph it, and then post it here....please! ;-)

So happy for you that there is a Monica in your life...good luck on Monday.

Fiona said...

Write it, wrap it in clingfilm, then post it here ;)

Good luck for tomorrow....my thoughts will be with you!

Eileen H said...

Pleased everything is now in place for you. Don't worry too much.
Good luck for tomorrow.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

freebird said...

Phew!
x

Seeker said...

Praise the Lord for the Monicas of this life! (There are still quite a few of them around!)

I recall, just before my hysterectomy, reading about some funny things people had written on their tummies before having their wombs removed. Unfortunately, I can't remember any of them now though! (Oh, to be young and have a good memory again!)

Hope all goes well on Monday. God bless.

S'mee said...

Ladies, I thank you all. There are bound to be a few laughs in the next week or so. Be sure I shall share them.

freebird said...

I hope they were gentle.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

A very gentle SUH on its way!