Thursday 20 March 2008

Wednesday & Thursday..........

It's getting easier, at least for me. The carers have a better idea of what to do and I can keep out of the way. Now I know their routine, I can get things prepared which makes their visits shorter. Cag is still not happy having to use the hoist. I must admit, she does look like a trust up chicken when they are transferring her from bed to chair and back again. But what's the alternative?


I do wish Cag had a better attitude towards the carers. She makes her feelings known about her dislike of the situation. At times she is not the easiest person to get along with. I take very little notice, I know her ways, but to strangers it must cause some concern, especially as they are trying to help us both. I'm sure they have seen and heard it all before, but it's not to my liking.


I felt well enough to drive our car to the Surgery today. The dressing needed to be changed. Yet another lady nurse viewing me below the waist......... and I don't mean my socks. She was very impressed (careful Fi)............. with how the wound has healed. Very little bleeding, no infection, a little bruising but that's to be expected. I've another appointment now for next Tuesday to have the clips removed all being well. Should be interesting.
.
Easter is only a few days away.
It's not all fun for everyone, especially Easter Bunnies.



4 comments:

Seeker said...

You naughty boy!

I love the bunnies!

Sunny Delight said...

Poor Cag, I hope this leaves her with strong feelings of appreciation for all you do dear man.

They do say that plenty of blood flow to an injured area helps speed healing..."Below the waist...above the socks"...Darn, I think I picked the wrong career.

I too love the bunnies, you are a silly and adorable goof at times.

freebird said...

I was going to say something along the lines of what Sunny said re Cag.
Yes, you're right, it's probably nothing new to the carers but it's a shame they (and I guess you too) aren't appreciated.

Thanks for yet more chuckles ;-)
and do continue to take care of yourself.

Fiona said...

*L* do I have a reputation or something ;)

Love the bunnies...oh how that made me chuckle!!!!

And glad to hear you're on the mend....below the waist!