Thursday 6 March 2008

Wednesday and Thursday..........

Two quite ordinary days. A trip yesterday to the D.I.Y store for some large packs of compost to dig into the raised beds I have built, and because it was dry and the wind had helped take the dampness out of the grass, I managed to give it the first cut of the year. It's been so wet recently, there was very little grass, mostly moss, but at least it's green.

I saw the young lady that got me into blogging this morning on This Morning! La petite Anglaise started it for me when she became famous for being dismissed for blogging about her life and work. The original blog was well disguised but her employers got to hear of it and after reading it decided they could do without her services. She's now written a book and if it's a good as her blog, should be worth a read.

I've had a lot of pain today, sciatic nerve problems, which hasn't been helped by lifting Cag around, but there's little choice at the moment. Just take the tablets and bare it. It should clear in another 24 ...............hopefully, as we want to visit with sister's again this weekend.

Mother in law will be home tomorrow from hospital and two of her daughters should be there to settle her in. There's only limited cover by her carers over the weekend but neighbours have promised to keep an eye on her too make sure she is alright. Fingers crossed.

I've decided to look at things in a different way. From now on I will take life with a pinch of salt ............................. a squeeze of lemon and a large shot of Tequila........... hic!

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

For a couple of years I raised a lot of money for charity by organising raffles at work. I blogged about the fundraising and a couple of my readers even sent money for raffle tickets. One reader actually won a large teddy bear which I then had to post up north.

I was invited to lunch by our managing director for my fund raising efforts and I told him and my area manager about my blog and they were quite impressed. I thought perhaps I shouldn't have told them I blog about my workplace, but thankfully they seemed unconcerned. Having said that I am careful not to identify my store or tell what kind of shop I work in. Not worth risking years of service.

I enjoy reading your blog, and am so pleased you started blogging. Hope you recover quickly from your forthcoming surgery.

S'mee said...

Thanks Superwoman, I visit you, and a few others, every day. I don't get a lot of contact other people, so the contacts I have 'out there' are treasured.

freebird said...

It was Belle de Jour who started it all for me (whether she's a hoax or not). Good to see things worked out for Anglaise - what a great story, I must look her up.
And funny you should mention that - I'm sure I hadn't read your post before I wrote mine, or am I getting really forgetful in my old age?

Hey, I hope your pain gets better very soon. Was that a Freudian slip - "bare it"? Bare what, S'mee? :-O

S'mee said...

You know me Fb. Never made a Freudian slip in my life....... tripped a few though! Now why did I think you knew Belle de Jour? ;-))