Saturday 9 February 2008

Friday and Saturday.......


And they have both been 'easy' days. I've done very little, resting after a busy start to the week.

The postman bought a little unpleasantness into our lives on Friday. A letter from the Dept. of Works and Pensions, asking for a break down on my mother's estate, to see if they are able to make claim on part of that estate because of over payment. They could, and probably will.

Foolishly, I declared to Probate, the exact amount of bank accounts and savings. This was over the threshold on which she had been claiming Pension Credits, not by much, but perhaps enough that will interest the D.W.P.
.
I really can't be bothered by it all. Just send me the bill, I'll pay it, and then I can get on with my life.................. and I hope it chokes them! Next time when my mother dies, I shall be more canny.
.
I felt the need for a little retail therapy after all that form filling, so I've bought another pencil.




They are handmade, in turned burr wood, no two the same, and can be made to your requirements. I saw this one a couple of days ago, and had to have it. I showed Cag the picture and reconised that vacant look. She's not a pencil person. Rings yes, pencils NO!

4 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

I've seen pens such as these in the shops here, especially in south, they are truly lovely....good find!

S'mee said...

You can get them in kit form, but in common woods. Would love to do something like that myself, but the time!! Where would I find the time?

Sunny Delight said...

Somehow dear man, I think you would find the time, you are an ever constant amazement to me. All the things you seem to be able to accomplish.

S'mee said...

...except. Oh well, that's what dreams are for.