Friday 15 February 2008

Thursday and Friday............

Thursday was a home day. A little bit of tidying and cleaning. I did have to drop some papers back to the Solicitors, but I was there and back in 20 minutes. I spent most of the afternoon catching up on snail mail. I owed a letter to a distant, distant relative who lives in Queensland, Oz. We've been corresponding for about twenty odd years and I keep my eyes open for articles on the pottery she collects in the antiques section of the papers. She collects Torquay ware, and one of the potteries was a few hundred yards from my family home in Torquay.

Friday and I had to go shopping, and I am not a fan of Friday shopping. Matron seems to let all the patients out for the day, and they all turn up in the supermarket the same time as I am there. Luckily the list was a short one and I was home in under an hour. Spent some time on book work, balancing our accounts into next month. With monies passing in and out of our account, much of it not ours, it would be easy to get confused and I needed to get things right in my mind.

I'm just hoping now that the Pension Service get their act together and let me know if anything is owed from my mothers estate, then perhaps finally I can put 2007 behind me once and for all.

Weather is looking good for the weekend and we've been promised some great sunsets. Has Spring really sprung?

No comments: