Tuesday 5 February 2008

Tuesday..... an early start.

An early start, to get Cag up and running, in a manner of speaking, before the hairdresser arrived at 11 o'clock. Fortunately, she was a little late, due to another neighbour with verbal diarrhoea. We are her last call, so she had all the news by the time she arrived. It was just left to us to clarify some of the rumours and add decoration to others.

Our daughter arrived around 2pm with her partner P. For the second time Cag was up and dressed. I could see that she was already tired and knew she would not be contributing very much towards the afternoon. I didn't realise how little or how difficult she would be. I needed to discuss the details of the wills and how best to handle the conditions, so perhaps she felt left out, but there was no way of including her in the discussion.

I'm not the best at entertaining guests, other than filling their glasses, and with no help from Cag, I felt a little awkward at times. P is an O'K guy, and at least the afternoon gave me a chance to find out a little more about him, a chance I had not had before. I felt I should have apologised when they said their 'goodbyes', but I will see if I can get in contact with them later to let them know what was happening.

An easier day tomorrow, and it looks like the weather will be fine........ fingers crossed.

2 comments:

freebird said...

Y'know, s'mee, with all you have to do I really don't think it should be up to you to entertain your daughter and her chap. I think that on her occasional visits she should spoil you a little.
But that's just me (living in that easy world of non-parenthood)!

S'mee said...

We were estranged for many years. She left home at 16 and we never heard from her for about 10 years. We knew where she was, as she kept in touch occasionally with my parents. We are still 'feeling our way' somewhat. I was unable to live with the two women I loved, and had to make a choice. Not an enviable situation.