Wednesday 20 February 2008

Wednesday and Thursday......

Wednesday and nothing to do today....... or so I thought. I think it's been the arrival of the rings that's turned Cags thoughts to the state of her jewelry. It's not that she is able to wear very much of it, but I think it was a case of 'forgotten what I have'! So I spent the early afternoon, dipping and polishing, and then going through it with her to see what she wants to keep or what can be moved on, at a later date.

Later on I took a trip up to the Funeral Directors and bought a couple of funeral plans. The gent that served me smelt of cigar smoke, at least, I think it was cigar smoke. Could be he'd just got back from the Crematorium. Now call me mean, or just careful, but I joined the Co-op a week ago, which gave me a £25 discount on each plan. Boy! do I know how to save money?

The E-bay problems of yesterday seem to have been sorted out. I shall rely on a credit card payment from now on instead of the direct debit I had tried to set up.

Thursday, and taken aback this morning when Cag asked if we could go to Kernow Mills. It's an 'out of town' clothing store, about 30 miles away, towards the boarder with England. It's more classic than fashion, and is popular with coach parties, especially the oatmeal coloured shoe, surgical stocking brigade. Well, we got there, went around twice, nothing jumped out at us, and we left without buying anything, but it was an afternoon out.

The neighbours have been cutting their grass. I suppose I will have to follow suit by the weekend. Sunday is out because we are planning a trip to Brixham, tomorrow is shopping, so that leaves Saturday, and the weather forecast is a bit iffy then. Perhaps next week.........!

No comments: