Wednesday 13 February 2008

Tuesday and Wednesday........

I'm a little worried. This beautiful weather is unnatural for this time of the year. We had a taste of the same in February last year, and look what happened to our Summer then. I hope this is not an ill omen of things to come.

Oh the joy the Postie brings. A letter from out Solicitors, draft copies of our Wills, and the statement of accounts............ 'for your kind attention'. Does that mean they want paying........ already? With The Lasting Power of Attorney, it totaled just over £1,000. Not bad for an hours work and a few postage stamps. Feel like I've been shafted, without a kiss!

One good thing about the good weather is the casting off of clouts. Short skirts and T-shirts. Pale knees after a winter hidden in jeans, exposed to the warming sun. Glad I got my new glasses last week.

Shopping on Tuesday afternoon, and I wore aftershave. Well, you never know! Was hoping to get molested, but didn't even get jostled. Am I loosing my touch?

Wednesday, and I took Cag to a large Garden Centre, about 30 minutes drive from home. She wanted to choose a Mother's Day card and it was the most suitable place with the greatest choice. She also bought a Valentines Card, that I had to pick out, for me. At least I got the card I wanted....... but it won't be much of a surprise.

Two good days, apart from the bill, and I've bought another couple of pencils. It's becoming a compulsion.

3 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

You could never lose your touch! You must have been downwind...


I hope it was a sexy card!

Happy (early for me) Valentine's Day!

Mwaahhh!

S'mee said...

Thank you for your Valentine wishes Sunny. They are returned ten fold. The aftershave is a drop of good stuff. It's not available in the U.K, so I have to get it from the U.S. Have splashed it all over this comment, just for you. X

Sunny Delight said...

Taking a breath of the lusciousness of it...ah...I am in heaven!


I hope your day was full of sunshine, and huge fluffy clouds!