Thursday 7 February 2008

Wednesday and Thursday..............

The best day of the week so far. Blue skies and vapour trails....... and you know how much that lifts my heart. A phone call in the morning to say that Cag's ring was ready for collection, and she couldn't wait.

We were only a few minutes at the jewelers. The ring a perfect fit. It was the smallest he had every sized an adults ring and he was worried that it may have been too small.......
.
We saw another couple in town. She has M.S and her husband is her carer. She was the welfare contact for the local M.S society when we first came to the area. Could drive, walk, co-ordinate with no obvious problems, but now is in a lot worst condition than Cag. This is a terrible disease.

Thursday and drizzle. No surprise! I had to get shopping for the weekend early as we had a young lady from Adult Social Care coming to see us, to assess our qualification for help with financing the care package needed after my operation. She fell in love with our dog, as soon as she came through the door, so no problem. All will be paid for.

I'm not really a political animal, but the American primaries have caught my interest. I'm interested because what ever happens will effect this country, if not the world. I suppose I'm a Democrat, but I'm not sure if I like either of the two front runners in that race. The Clintons, because Bill will never take a totally back seat if Hillary gets in, and their style of dirty politics, then there's the inexperience of Obama, and the way he gets flustered when too much is coming at him. He'll get plenty of that if he makes number one. That leave McCain I guess. I heard his speech tonight and it was good............ if he can deliver. But I've heard he's not a true conservative, so where does that leave us?

Be very afraid!

1 comment:

Eileen H said...

Ooooh that's a lovely diamond ring.
Not jealous....much.
I too have very slim fingers but they seem to have swollen with age, my engagement ring no longer fits and I can't remove my wedding band, not that I'd want to.Your wife is a lucky lady having you care for her so much. MS is a very cruel disease.