Monday 4 February 2008

Monday....... a busy week.

I've only just mentioned Morris Dancing, and it was featured on Fern and Philip this morning. It appears that there is a shortage of young members, and some clubs are folding. I wonder why!

Something else that caught my attention on News 24 early today, was a street survey. The public were asked if these famous people were fact or fiction. King Arthur, Florence Nightingale, Winston Churchill, Cleopatra and Sherlock Holmes. Not one got all five right! Time for England to worry!!

The start of a busy week. A trip to the Solicitors to sort out Wills and Power of Attorney. At £170 an hour, she would have been worth it. Glad I wore aftershave! A little bit of time wasting in town and then calling in at the opticians to pick up my new specs. Perhaps I should have got the specs first, so I could see all the small print at the Solicitors.

Funeral Directors next, to inquire about funeral plans. I had details from about two years ago and should have purchased then. The plans have gone up by £300 each in that time. On to my other home, ASDA Walmart. A few bits and pieces, fresh bread, extra fruit muffins, for tomorrow when our daughter visits. Ran into more neighbours there. Hope they don't think I'm stalking them.

Got home to find that Adult Social Care had phoned to arrange an interview with regard to the care package they are setting up for Cag. Basically, who pays? I'm ahead of them. I downloaded statements last week, before my mother's house sale passed through my account. That should save some questions.

No comments: