Friday 18 January 2008

Friday the 18th.........

Another iffy day. Mild if you can find a sheltered spot but still a bite in the wind.

I spent the best part of an hour this morning, trying to contact Customer Services for two of my on-line savings accounts. What with finding the wrong departments, waiting in queues, being asked to hold while they seek more advice over my questions, and having my ears pounded with tuneless 'lift music', it was not a happy time (reminds me of a dwarf!).

A dental appointment helped 'fill' the afternoon. I was there dead on three, went straight in, teeth checked and out in under ten minutes. The only painful part was paying the £25 to a smiling receptionist........... when it would have been free a fortnight ago. I will make enquiries about finding an N.H.S dentist, but there's little chance in this part of the country, other than that, it will have to be some sort of insurance............. and I hate insurance.

The copy and paste is going well. The Blog should fit into about 60 pages. I'll print out half a dozen pages tomorrow to see how thing work out It will be available in hardback, for only £15.95, sometime this Summer........................ in my dreams!

6 comments:

Sunny Delight said...

My new way of dealing with being put on hold...I gather up my most recent book before I dial the number, and read while waiting, or sit at the computer ...thus I can ignore the "lift music" and do not become grumpy (oops! another dwarf)

Eileen H said...

Don't be "bashful", (loving the dwarf theme), do try to find a NHS dentist. My check up cost £12. Same here, in and out in under ten minutes.

I'm in the wrong job!

S'mee said...

Been more of the Sneezy recently Sunny....and there's very little pollen about!

Will have to sell my body on the streets to pay for dental treatment if I can't get fixed up Superwoman ;-)

Seeker said...

I have an NHS dentist - but am not really happy, as most NHS dentists these days are the young, inexperienced ones. They are always leaving as well, so I then have to get used to yet another new one! They never seem to clean you teeth these days either - they just send you off to the hygienist - who charges aa fortune anyway!!!!

Re the dwarf topic.......... we had an argument with a real dwarf who worked at a holiday camp once. He was horrible: definitely a real live 'Grumpy'!

If you publish your book, we'll all expect a signed copy!

S'mee said...

Hi Seeker. They say you're getting old when the policemen look young, but thay applies to dentists too.
I wrote 'Dentish' on my accounts book....... and that's without a drink!

freebird said...

Beware of dental insurance. We were forced to go private a few years ago - as it turns out, I'm sure that paying for each visit has cost us far less than what we'd have spent on insurance over the years! But I guess it depends how much you need doing.