Thursday 31 January 2008

Wednesday and a wasted Thursday.......

Wednesday, and the weather was cold, but fine, so the trip into town was on. Cag wanted another ring, I think mainly because her sister had purchased one recently, and she wanted to 'join the club'. I was a little unsure because it 'had' to be diamonds.

I knew the ring she would have as soon as we got to the shop. A three diamond cluster, a real sparkler. It has to be made smaller, she has such small fingers, but the wait will add to the expectation. The owner of the shop had already included a discount before I paid, returning customers always get a discount, a good policy. And now the wait.

Thursday, and a wasted day. The Community Nurse was due to call to see Cag. She phoned to say that she would be with us in the afternoon. Cag took the call, but never asked when in the afternoon. She knew I needed to get some shopping, but never thought to ask. I hate the term ' I never thought', because I have to think. I have to think about everything I do, where I'll be, what I'll be doing, how long it will take. I have to think for two people, often more, so 'I never thought' is not in my vocabulary.

I spent the afternoon waiting on other people, and I hate waiting on other people. The Nurse arrived at about 4.30pm, too late for me to go out, a total waste of the day. The evening has been somewhat frosty, not outside, but here, in the home. I think Cag realises that a little more thought in future would be appreciated. I've been getting more 'thank yous' than usual!

4 comments:

Fiona said...

You deserve consideration, Ian, and all the thank you's on offer. Oh and more than a few SUHs!

Sunny Delight said...

You do deserve it...

Funny...I met a man the other day...he is so worn out...he is his wife's caregiver as well. He doesn't get thank yous either. I suppose it is the loss/missing of their vitality, the one who is ill, I know that is what he said of his wife...she is constantly making demands, or bemoaning the fact that she can no longer do what she once could...a tough thing for all of you...

But, simple gratitude and thoughtfulness are not much to ask for...not much at all.

Sunny Delight said...

I made the change...I kinda like it...thank you. SUH

S'mee said...

Am finding that people increasingly fail to think things through, to realise there are consequences. I know you can't always cover all the bases, but at least you can try.

Thanks Fi & Sunny, a new Sig?