Tuesday 29 January 2008

Monday and Tuesday........

It's not that I'm lazy, covering two days in one entry. It's just that now things are back to normal, and we have a routine, very little happens during the day.

A lot of Monday was spent keeping an eye on online statements, awaiting transfers, that didn't happen. A cash payment at the bank was shown on statement an hour later, so I knew somethings or someone was working. A further check this morning, and everything was completed. Just a case now of waiting for January's interest, and I have a final figure for my Mother's estate. Done!

My daughter phoned this evening. She and her partner are coming down to see us on Tuesday of next week. I've already made a list of the things I have to discus with her. I have to do that or I'm sure to forget something, and some subject are best handled face to face than over the phone.

Cag wants to go into town tomorrow. I think she has designs on another ring. She has a need to spend some money. If that's what she wants, within reason, then it's fine with me. She has so little to get excited over these days.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Ah yes,do treat her.

My sister and I were joint executors of my mum's will and when it was all finalised I made sure my two kids were alright.

You can't take it with you. No shops im the cemetery.

S'mee said...

Read that in the paper today. The words of the lottery winner, but so true.

We have enough, and that's all anyone should want.

She got a real sparkler, but it has to be re-sized, so the waiting will bring more joy.