Sunday 13 January 2008

Saturday and Sunday.........

I wish the weather would buck up. I'm feeling soggy due to all the rain that's been falling on me. I have enough wrinkles, and don't need anymore from being waterlogged!

I received the Probate certificates in the post, so I should be able to start to tie up all the loose ends next week, other than that, a quiet Saturday. A trip to the chemist to collect a prescription in the afternoon, followed by a little shopping at ASDA. Some fresh rolls, cooked beef from the deli, Stilton with apricots 'on special', and a check for any other bargains.

An early start for Sunday, as we are off to Devon and a visit to Carole's sister. We arrived at about 1.15pm to be greeted with a table laid for more than four. A few minutes later we were joined by two other sisters and a brother-in-law. Almost a complete set!

A really good afternoon. Christmas experiences, reminiscing, banter and lots of laughter. The inevitable holiday photos and a few photos taken at the table. Some advice for me, as to why I should be not paying tax.......... and what to do with all my spare thousands..... ha, ha!

Something more interesting did happen during the afternoon. Brother-in-law 2 wanted to book a cruise, on an American ship, sailing from Holland in June, cost, just over £3k in the English brochure. Brother-in-law 1 has a friend in the U.S who is a travel agent. They email. Cruise booked, same ship, leaving date etc..... just over £2k!!!!!! Payment made in dollars, no percentage (NationWide card) and friend split the commission. Not what you know but who!

No comments: