Wednesday 2 January 2008

Wednesday.......day 2

My neighbour is home. He's been visiting with relations in the Midlands over Christmas and New Year. I can now pass back the responsibility of his two charges, whom I keep an eye on while he's away. It's funny how they manage while he's away, but as soon as he's home his telephone is constantly ringing........"can you do this?......can you take me there?.......etc".

I said yesterday about starting work on the kitchen. I hadn't meant to do anything until after the weekend. I just happened to have a damp cloth in my hand and I saw a mark on the ceiling. Removing the mark caused a white patch............. and I couldn't leave it like that. Anyway, the ceiling's washed now! That helped fill in an afternoon.

Bodmin tomorrow, the Probate Office, to get the Will registered. It still won't be the end of things, but it will be the beginning of the end. I've heard from an ex neighbour in Torquay about the new owners of the house. Nice people, by all accounts, but I don't envy them the amount of work they will have to do to bring the house into the 21st century. The only thing I will miss will be the view.......... but I have photos to remind me.

No comments: