Friday 4 January 2008

Friday.........pain in the neck.

Just a normal day, with the weekend top-up shopping planned for the afternoon. I managed to get out and back before the weather changed and the rain came in.

Checked with the company that's supplying our new television, and have booked the delivery for next Thursday. All the way from Yorkshire to Cornwall. Ain't the Internet wonderful!

I had an hour to spare this afternoon, after coffee and chocolate cake, so I started painting the kitchen ceiling. I was only meaning to paint around the edges, but the adrenaline kicked in and I did the lot. It must be one of the most soul destroying job ever, painting ceilings, white on white, or near white in our case. Then to know that it will have to have a second coat. A pain in the neck, literally.

Looks like it will be raining tomorrow, so our trip out to the Market for a bacon butty will be put back until Sunday. At least I may be able to get the ceiling finished......... and then where?

2 comments:

freebird said...

I had a ceiling to paint a few weeks ago. I must have painted dozens of ceilings in my lifetime but I still found it quite stressful. I thought it was just me - but I see it s'mee as well!

S'mee said...

A roller's the answer, but there was too much cutting in. Tis done now, thank goodness.