Tuesday 22 January 2008

Tuesday 22nd..........

I think I may have, at last, sorted out my Tax situation. I've filled out and returned exemption forms on our savings accounts, and contacted The Revenue, who will be contacting my private pension suppliers, so the pensions will be paid gross instead of being taxed.

When it comes down to the bottom line, my only taxable income, other than the small amount of pension and savings interest, is the Care Allowance. I'm allowed to claim about £48 a week. Not bad for being on call 24/7x52. I wonder just how much I am saving the local authority, or Government?................. but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I've been checking daily our Bank Statement on line. I'm expecting the proceeds from the sale of my mother's house to be added to the balance sometime soon......... or am I. It's getting quite close to the end of the month, another months interest, so would I be in a hurry to transfer monies if I were in their shoes? It will be interesting to see what happens. It's like being screwed....... without being kissed!

I phone a solicitor this afternoon, to update our Wills and to arrange a Lasting Power of Attorney for Cag. It's about time we put certain thing on a legal footing. Being an executor has made me appreciate how much easier it has been when everything is tied up and on paper. I have learnt another lesson in the process, keep it simple.

No comments: