Wednesday 9 January 2008

Tuesday and Wednesday.......

I'm finding it difficult to post daily. I still feel a little lost, with no direction to follow. Other January's have not had this sort of effect on me, so I can only guess it's a hangover from the events of November and the funeral in December. I will buck up!

Cag's mother has had her first morning visit from the extra help laid on by sister-in-law, and it's in trouble already. Mother greeted the lady at the door and denied any knowledge as to why she was there. She then told her that she didn't think she needed any help. The lady left to report back to her office. We are now awaiting news about what happens now.

A phone call this morning informed us that we wouldn't be receiving the delivery of our new television tomorrow. Stocks had not arrived as planned, so the delivery has now been rescheduled for next Tuesday. This is not a problem, and I thanked them for contacting us. Far better than waiting around for a delivery that never happens.

The postman bought grave news this morning. My new dentist has had to withdraw her services from N.H.S patients. She has been in dispute with the local Health Care Trust over their failure to fund routine dental care for children. She has decided to fund this herself but it means that other N.H.S patients will have to pay for their treatment in future. I can still get free emergency treatment at our local hospital, but I would rather have regular check ups to catch problems before they happen.

With the news from the dentist, there was a letter, along with the Church Magazine, from the vicar in Torquay who conducted my mother's funeral. He directed me to the three pages where he had more or less reiterated the words he said about my mother at the service. It will be a good thing to keep, something more than just the order of service. He thanked me once again for the donation I had given him on the day, a little more than he was used to he said, but small thanks, I thought, for the way he had taken care of a lot of the planning, which made the day so easy for me. We will keep in touch.

And now for the serious stuff. I've finished the 10 litres of wine my cousin gave me for Christmas. It's taken some doing, real effort has been needed, a dedication to duty far beyond anything that I have done before. (Is this a little over the top?) Now I shall endeavour to drink the wine that I bought for myself at Christmas. Only another 9 litres to go!

3 comments:

Seeker said...

It really is not at all surprising that you are suffering some delayed after-effects from your mother's death. Hopefully, you are right and this won't last for long. I always think that, if I am feeling down for any reason, it always seems a lot worse at this time of year though.

Yikes! You deserve a medal for consuming all that wine! Lol! Actually, I always think that one of the reasons for my post Christmas/new year blues is the after-effects of the Christmas over-indulgence in food and drink. Perhaps all we down-in-the-dumps blogger should escape to a health farm for a detox!

freebird said...

Darn, sometimes life is just one disappointment after another.
Yes, I think the current dreary weather does nothing for our outlook on things. It'll get better... eventually.
Stay in, stay warm and pour a glass of something soothing!
Or opt for the health farm - whichever appeals.

S'mee said...

Can't be an over indulgence of food Seeker. We eat nothing different or more over Christmas than we normally do. Same goes for drink.........!

Good thinking Fb. I'll blame it on the weather......... and pour another.