Monday 21 January 2008

Monday 21st.............

A bit of everything weather wise, but did manage to get some washing almost dry outside today.

Payday, but it took an age. Only one lady in front of me in the queue at the Post Office (we still have one!) but she must have been 'doing' for the whole village.

A busy afternoon. Had to make a deposit at the bank, then a dash to The Market House and the hardware store there. I needed a different whisk. My old trusty rusty is falling to bits. Then back to the opticians, an eye test and some new frames. My eyesight hasn't altered but I do need a new pair of specs. Sitting on the ones I now wear has done nothing for their fit and comfort.

The sale at the Clark's Shop was still on and I spotted another pair of eight and a half's. The were a 'glove fit' and at 70% off, a must have. The only disappointment came at the solicitors, he was out for the afternoon, but it was nothing that couldn't be arranged on the telephone tomorrow.

I arrived home and found Tina, one of our Community Nurses in with Cag. She had come to do the nursing care assessment for when I have my operation. She said she could have done it in the office, because she knows us so well, but 'the system' requires it to be done in the home and signatures to be taken. What would we do with out paperwork?

Spent the evening toasting Freebird on her birthday........ as if I needed an excuse. Happy Birthday FreeBird X.

1 comment:

freebird said...

Well thank you, dear Ian, and cheers!
Sounds like you had a calmer day than I did!