Thursday 24 January 2008

Thursday 24th and...........

The electricity was switched off at 9.02 am. Thankfully the morning was bright, and the sun made it's appearance soon after to last throughout the day. Water for tea or coffee, boiled in a saucepan, never quite tastes the same as that from a kettle..... but we survived.

Our Postman, Sticky Bun (Ricky Dunn) brought some really good news this morning. Now, I have to apologise. I thought that the Equity Company, who held the funds for the sale of my mother's house, would hold the money until the end of the month............ but NO! The money was transferred today...... plus interest....... to my account. Not that it will stay there for very long, because it's already on it's way into a holding account, or will be tomorrow.

I managed to get an hour out of the home this afternoon, to do some shopping. Poor Cag had Radio 5 Live to keep her company while I was out. I caught some of it's discussions on the car radio. It was mostly about the future of teenagers in England today. What amazed and annoyed me the most was, that the English people on the phone-in could not converse in English! Sumfing is verri rong somwear! Why should England weep?

Surprise! The electric was restored, as promised, at 3.30pm.............. a long daaaaaaay! Within minutes, we had a phone call.................... from our Bank, asking me if I was aware that a large deposit had been made to our account, and, was I planning to do anything with it? They never miss a chance. I get the feeling, if I were to piss crooked, someone would know about it within seconds!!!!

No comments: